Inspirational Mondays Interview

Inspirational Mondays // Meet Jordyn Oakland

6:23 PMAnonymous


 

We have the honor of working with our beloved Jordyn Oakland on our shoots! Bellevue born and raised, Jordyn is 21 years old and finishing up her last year at Washington State University. She began modeling for us just last summer when we approached her in store. When she's not running, hiking, or being outside, she loves to travel and runs a blog, jo.blog (jordynnnoakland.weebly.com). She also hopes to move to California after graduating with her boyfriend! (although New York is #1)

 Did you aspire to model? How did you ease into it?
When I was younger I always wanted to be an actress but my mom couldn’t afford to pay for classes. I thought about modeling a little bit but never too seriously. When I was in high school I went to an agency for acting and they told me I wasn’t tall enough to model. I let this get to my head and decided not to try any other agencies, which I regret now. Simply Chic would technically be my first modeling gig! 
What do you love most about modeling with Simply Chic?
Well first, I love the team. Everyone is so kind and that definitely has helped me evolve my modeling skills. The models and staff are all so much fun to work with and bring positive vibes to every shoot. Second, I love that the models are REAL and have different body types. If you look at Nida and I, we are polar opposites, but both are beautiful in our own ways and look great in the same articles of clothing!
How do you personally prepare for shoots? Do you have any must-haves?
 I am generally a pretty healthy person but a week before the shoot I try and stay away from carbs and drink lots of water! The day before the shoot I always put on my St. Tropez self tanner so that I have a little glow.
What does a typical day of yours look like?
 When I am home from WSU, I spend a lot of my time working at Nordstrom Rack. I usually try and get in a workout either before or after work and usually will see my boyfriend, John, or relax with my family. I am a total homebody.
What has been your favorite shoot?
Well I have two. My first is the Fourth of July look book shoot. We all were in a really great mood and had a lot of fun! Most of the shoot required Nida to be near water and she can’t swim, so that was pretty humorous and Zach forgot his sunscreen and was burnt to a crisp after! Poor guy! The second is the last shoot we just did, the back to school look book. For part of the shoot we had ice cream and at one point Zach had to tell us “not to be so aggressive with it.” It was just so good we forgot we were shooting! Ha!
Where do you plan on taking your modeling career?
 I really haven’t given it much thought. John and I want to move to California when we graduate (LA area) so if we do so I may consider taking a go at a few agencies. As for now, I am just focusing on finishing up my last year of school.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
 I’ve been given a lot of good advice over the years, especially from my mom and sister. The one that stuck out to me was to stop caring what other people think and do what you want to do.

  

Thank you Jordyn!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form